Keyboard Shortcut
Andy
2010-01-27 20:29:57 UTC
Hey all,

I hate having to use the File > Save All command in Dreamweaver CS4 -
such a hassle. Is there any quick way (keyboard shortcut) for this as
none is listed on the File menu?

Thanks,

Andy ;-)
PW
2010-02-02 03:22:44 UTC
Post by Andy
Hey all,
I hate having to use the File > Save All command in Dreamweaver CS4 -
such a hassle. Is there any quick way (keyboard shortcut) for this as
none is listed on the File menu?
Thanks,
Andy ;-)
It's not Ctrl-S (PC)? That is what it is with DW8 (don't have CS4). I
have no idea why there is not a save icon in the toolbar.
Duncan Kennedy
2010-02-02 10:00:21 UTC
Post by PW
Post by Andy
Hey all,
I hate having to use the File > Save All command in Dreamweaver CS4 -
such a hassle. Is there any quick way (keyboard shortcut) for this as
none is listed on the File menu?
Thanks,
Andy ;-)
It's not Ctrl-S (PC)? That is what it is with DW8 (don't have CS4). I
have no idea why there is not a save icon in the toolbar.
I have PC v MX (the first MX) and it does Contrl+S and PC CS3 - the
same. But that is for "Save" and there is one for "Save As" but nothing
shown for "Save All". Mac versions are more of a problem as the
standard US Keyboard shortcuts don't all work with UK keyboards (such as
the "view in browser" F12) - most of the basic F keys are taken up with
Mac commands relating to sound etc.

In CS4, at least - haven't looked in the others - there is a facility to
set up shortcuts - not sure if it would do a Save All. The Help menu
describes how to set it up for the version in use..

As far as showing an icon in the toolbar is concerned, I'm sure there
used to be a Floppy icon in some versions - but just for Save..
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
Andy
2010-02-02 23:18:25 UTC
Post by Duncan Kennedy
Post by Andy
[...]
Downtown Dalgety Bay- Hide quoted text -
Yes - it works - just tried it. I have assigned my own keyboard
shortcut to allow to Save All pages at once - kewl ;-) it even shows
up on the file menu.
Duncan Kennedy
2010-02-03 10:18:43 UTC
In message
Post by Andy
Post by Duncan Kennedy
Post by Andy
[...]
Good to know that works too I've only ever set up shortcuts for the
missing Mac "Preview in" commands but a Save All could be useful
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
jbl
2010-03-07 20:31:07 UTC
Post by Andy
Hey all,
I hate having to use the File > Save All command in Dreamweaver CS4 -
such a hassle.  Is there any quick way (keyboard shortcut) for this as
none is listed on the File menu?
Thanks,
Andy ;-)
There is a definitive way to do this in Dreamweaver CS4. Here is how:
Click the pull down menus: Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts
You'll see the default "Current set" as Dreamweaver Standard
Open the + menu for "File"
Go down to "Save All" item and click on it once. You will notice there
is no shortcut assigned for it.
Click in the "Press key" field, and put in the keyboard controls:
Ctrl--Shift--Alt--S
A dialog box will pup up saying the currne factory set cannot be
modified...Clik OK to duplicate the current set

Now, you have a duplicate of the shortcuts called "Save All"
Open the + menu for "File"
Go down to "Save All" item and click on it once. You will notice there
is no shortcut assigned for it.
Click in the "Press key" field, and put in the keyboard controls:
Ctrl--Shift--Alt--S
Click "Ok"

Now, you have a duplicate set of key board shortcuts like the default,
but now you can "Save All" bly clicking the keyboard shortcut.
You can assign any keyboard combination you want that does not
conflict with any already assigned.
This really helps me, and will for you too.
Best regards,
James Leahy
New World Magazine
http://blog.nwcic.com