CS3 Keyboard Shortcuts (export as HTML)
Thomas Goober
2009-11-23 01:01:39 UTC
Hi Folks,

I run CS3 on a PC as well as my Mac notebook.

I have been trying to export my Keyboard setup as html on the PC to use on
the Mac, but there is no "import" function for KB shortcuts.

Can anyone figure the logic of this? Is this something Adobe overlooked?

thanks,

Thomas
Duncan Kennedy
2009-11-23 10:23:37 UTC
Post by Thomas Goober
Hi Folks,
I run CS3 on a PC as well as my Mac notebook.
I have been trying to export my Keyboard setup as html on the PC to use on
the Mac, but there is no "import" function for KB shortcuts.
Can anyone figure the logic of this? Is this something Adobe overlooked?
I fear it is Apple logic. I am in the process of moving from
Dreamweaver CS3 on a PC to CS 4 on a Mac and am finding shortcut and
other keyboard problems. For example, on a new Mac keyboard, there is
no hash key on UK keyboards because Apple decided it wasn't necessary -
you have to hunt to find it is Option (Alt) + 3. If you want to use a
key to view your work in a browser F11 doesn't work on a Mac keyboard -
it is dedicate to sound - but you can set up another key - or keys - to
do it in Dreamweaver menu.

Perhaps the difference between the keyboard layouts might explain why
importing from PC could be different.

Life might be too easy if everything worked! :-(
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
ryanthered
2009-11-23 18:02:23 UTC
Post by Thomas Goober
Hi Folks,
I run CS3 on a PC as well as my Mac notebook.
I have been trying to export my Keyboard setup as html on the PC to use on
the Mac, but there is no "import" function for KB shortcuts.
Can anyone figure the logic of this?  Is this something Adobe overlooked?
thanks,
Thomas
I'm not sure if an import function was overlooked or not, but you
*might* be able to copy the XML file where your custom keyboard
shortcuts are stored from your PC to your Mac.

On XP the file is located at C:\Documents and Settings\username
\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Menus\Custom Sets
and on Vista/Win7 it's Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Menus\Custom Sets

Just copy that file to Users/username/Library/Application Support/
Adobe/Dreamweaver 9/Configuration/Menus/Custom Sets

Because the modifier keys are different between PC and Mac, I'm not
sure how Dreamweaver will handle that but it's worth a try.

Ryan
Thomas Goober