Flash authorization in IE (wasn't the extra DW markup supposed to do away with it?)
Adam
2009-10-31 16:39:17 UTC
I am using Dreamweaver CS4 to insert a SWF file in a web page layout --
including all the markup Dreamweaver provides for this (like
swfobject_modified.js) and STILL the animation won't automatically play in
IE without the warning.

I thought the whole point of all this extra markup is to make Flash work
seemlessly inside IE without asking for authorization. If not, what's the
point?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another swfobject fix I should be
using?

Thanks.
Duncan Kennedy
2009-11-01 21:18:31 UTC
Post by Adam
I am using Dreamweaver CS4 to insert a SWF file in a web page layout --
including all the markup Dreamweaver provides for this (like
swfobject_modified.js) and STILL the animation won't automatically play in
IE without the warning.
I thought the whole point of all this extra markup is to make Flash work
seemlessly inside IE without asking for authorization. If not, what's the
point?
Am I doing something wrong? Is there another swfobject fix I should be
using?
I'm no expert and I'm only just starting to use CS4 version on a Mac as
I have been using up to CS3 Dreamweaver for years on a PC. However I
wonder if you are not confusing two issues. The method of playing Flash
did change as did the Dreamweaver constructed markup - but the IE
authority I see is a pure IE (IE7) security measure to permit users to
refuse to run possibly suspect code (Active x, JavaScript included). If
that is what you are seeing I suspect there is something in IE itself
that the visitor must turn off if they are willing to take the risk. In
that case it would be very naughty of Adobe to produce code that would
work round the security.

On the other hand perhaps somebody else may have the answer - or you can
try asking in the Adobe on line web forums where the experts now live.
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay