DW MX will not ftp under win7?
Per*
2010-04-05 19:45:23 UTC
After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
for the FTP-function:

Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...

I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result

I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!

any ideas? Per*
RedDog
2010-04-06 12:54:24 UTC
Post by Per*
After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...
I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result
I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!
any ideas? Per*
DW FTP is too slow even when it works
WS_FTP Pro works like lightning
I'm using a copy from 2003 and quite happy.
Duncan Kennedy
2010-04-06 17:45:20 UTC
Post by RedDog
Post by Per*
After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...
I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result
I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!
any ideas? Per*
DW FTP is too slow even when it works
WS_FTP Pro works like lightning
I'm using a copy from 2003 and quite happy.
Agreed - although Filezilla is a reasonable free substitute for Mac /
Windows.
duncank
Eric Wilson
2010-04-06 17:49:15 UTC
Post by Per*
After upgrading to windows7 my trusty Dreamweaver MX 6.0 works fine - except
Test connection says "Succesfully", but when i try to transfer files - or
expand to doublesided FTP-window - it waits for server forever...
I have tried to turn the win firewall of, no result
I use CuteFTP instead - it works fine - but i miss the easy FTP i DW!
any ideas?   Per*
Install a virtual machine with XP on it to support your 8 year old
software or update DW to a newer version.
Per*
2010-04-07 13:34:42 UTC
"Eric Wilson"
Post by Eric Wilson
Install a virtual machine with XP on it to support your 8 year old
software or update DW to a newer version.
Per:
Thanks to all:

Small fine-tunings of the firewall solved the problem!

Per*