Error 1327. Invalid drive F
tottenham08
2008-01-21 14:11:05 UTC
Hi

Installing the trial version of DW CS3, the installer quits. When I view the
MS error log, it says that the Adobe installer gives the message

Product: Adobe Setup -- Error 1327.Invalid Drive: F:\

Any ideas on what is causing this? I am running XP SP2.

Thanks
Murray *ACE*
2008-01-21 14:20:22 UTC
Do you have an F: drive mounted or mapped?
--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert
Thanks
Alan
2008-01-21 14:33:24 UTC
Post by tottenham08
Error 1327.Invalid Drive: F:\
google that text string.
It's a Registry problem on your computer. I followed several links, each for
problems installing different software. they all gave same suggestions:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327763
--
Alan
Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
tottenham08
2008-01-21 14:52:12 UTC
Thank you.

No... but I do have an external drive that occasionally is connected... but not now.

Update: a HP Printer driver installer is showing the same error... so can't blame Adobe!
tottenham08
2008-01-21 15:21:54 UTC
Thanks

I found that editing the following registry key solved the problem
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

The issue was with the My Pictures folder. When I changed the registry to
point to the following, the installation worked (substituting my name for [my
name]:

C:\Documents and Settings\[my name]\My Documents\My Pictures