Can't connect to server to upload site!
royalwolf
2006-04-27 23:34:31 UTC
Using the same "site" (.ste file) that allows me to edit my online files with
my laptop, I can't do the same when I am on my home PC.

I get this error:

An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. Dreamweaver
encountered an internal data error. Please try the operation again.

Am I doing somthing stupid here? Remember that the same .ste file works at
school. Maybe I need to reinstall DW? Any ideas?

Thanks all,

royalwolf
juglesh
2006-04-28 00:05:01 UTC
try changing the passive ftp setting.

also, I have noticed that you need to change from the 'remote info' to
eg, 'local info' and come back to 'remote info' after changing this
setting or it doesnt 'take', and you get that 'internal data error'

so, mess with the passive ftp, and using the test button, and see if
you can get in.
Nancy *ACE*
2006-04-27 23:45:17 UTC
do you possibly have a firewall problem? Try checking Passive FTP on the
machine at home and see if that helps.
--
Nancy Gill
Adobe Community Expert
Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development
royalwolf
royalwolf
2006-04-28 02:03:28 UTC
Ha! Success. I clicked on the "secure" option and it worked. Maybe our school
server requires a secure connection from off-campus.

Thanks for the tip, it pointed me in the right direction!

-- royalwolf
Murray *ACE*
2006-04-28 10:49:41 UTC
You mean "Passive"?
--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert
-- royalwolf
royalwolf
2006-04-28 15:08:03 UTC
No, it was "secure" for sure. "Passive" didn't do anything. I won't pretend to know why! LOL!